Adexis is known in Adelaide as the number one experts in SCCM and windows deployment. Did you know you can engage an Adexis expert and have Microsoft pick up the tab?
Many customers aren’t aware that they’re entitled to a little golden nugget called Desktop Deployment Planning Services. DDPS is a benefit provided by Microsoft to customers who purchase Software Assurance through their Volume Licensing whereby you can engage qualified partners to provide services for you and Microsoft will put in the dollars. In addition to our SCCM and deployment expertise, Adexis is also a qualified Desktop Deployment Planning Services partner, meaning you can engage under this scheme.
Through this scheme we can help you to plan and/or impliment on-premise, cloud-based or hybrid solutions for the deployment of windows and office to your user base utilising products including SCCM, Windows, Office and Office365.
Imagine for example you would like to try out Windows 10 for your users. In order to do that you would need to assess it’s suitability and compatibility, plan an upgrade of SCCM to 1606 or later, plan the windows deployment and impliment both solutions. These are services that Adexis can help you with and can be provided for under Desktop Deployment Planning Services. Perhaps you’ve been thinking about doing an upgrade like this but budget constraints have proven to be a challenge, this is where DDPS comes in.
Microsoft does have some strict guidelines on how these services can be utilised however. For example, they can only be utilised for the improvement of your environment using approved products. So, don’t be thinking “I can get that tricky issue fixed in my SCCM environment”, Microsoft won’t cover that one. Engagements are set up in groups of days and can allocate funds of between $3000 and $15,000.
So, you’ve decided you’d like to utilise your entitlement, how do you go about it?
The first step is to call us and let us know what you have in mind. We can provide some guidance on what is eligible and what would need to be covered by you. You should also check your eligibility with Microsoft by visiting the Volume Licensing Service Centre. You can also download the DDPS Fact Sheet for more information. Once we’ve worked together to come up with a scope of work and an understanding on it’s eligibility for DDPS, you can assign a voucher to Adexis to start the work. Here’s how;
1. Sign into VLSC.
2. Select Software Assurance from the top menu.
3. Click Planning Services. This will take you to the Manage Software Assurance Benefits page.
4. Click the LicenseID for which you want to manage Planning Services. This will take you to the Benefit Summary page.
5. Select Planning Services.
6. Select the voucher type and service level (length of the engagement in days).
7. Assign the Planning Services voucher to a project manager within your organization by entering their name and email address, and any special instructions.
8. Click Confirm Voucher Assignment.
9. Once the voucher is created, click Assign Voucher. This takes you to a benefit details page confirming voucher information, including voucher status and expiration date.
10. You can then assign this voucher to Adexis by searching for our name or using our Microsoft ID: 1388832
We manage the rest of the paperwork on your behalf and you’re good to go with your engagement.
To find out more or to get started on your engagement under Microsoft Software Assurance Planning Services with Adexis give us a call on (08) 7228 6188 or email us at Contact@Adexis.com.au